The accelerometer is widely accepted as the best available transducer for the absolute measurement of vibration. This is a direct result of these properties:
1. Usable over very wide frequency ranges.
2. Excellent linearity over a very wide dynamic range.
3. Acceleration signal can be electronically integrated to provide velocity and displacement data.
4. Vibration measurements are possible in a wide range of environmental conditions while still maintaining excellent accuracy.
5. Self-generating so no external power supply is required.
6. No moving parts hence extremely durable.
Measuring satellite component vibrations
Ultra clean environment in space facility
the hostile environment of power plant